Goal oriented IT professional with over 6 years of technical experience in both support based and administrative roles. Expertise includes a strong Windows and Linux background along with solid troubleshooting skills and a deep interest in improving efficiency and automation.
Linux: CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, CLI tools, Vim, SSH, Git, Syslog
Windows: Server, VMWare, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, WSUS, Hyper-V
Hardware: HP Procurve, Blade and Chassis servers (all gens), Cisco ASA, Catalyst, Nexus, Netscaler, F5
Scripting/Programming: HTML, CSS, PowerShell, Python, Bash
• Work with System Engineers to build a new multi-site highly available Exchange 2010 environment.
• Produce and maintain detailed documentation for projects and systems personally responsible for.
• Leverage PowerShell to administer and automate repetitive tasks, saving time and effort for IT teams.
• Spearhead efforts to create fully functional test environment to mimic production environment scenarios.
• Closely involved with the design, documentation, maintenance and management of datacenter equipment.
• Deploy network and system monitoring tools, reducing production issues and diminishing false positives.
• Work with business leaders on design, development and implementation of HA multi-site backup solution.
• Achieved 99.9% uptime for mission critical systems in a small sized Windows based environment.
• Involved in the implementation, maintenance and periodic testing of Backup Exec tape backups.
• Installed network tools (Zenoss, Syslog, Mediawiki, WSUS), improving network efficiency and security.
• Troubleshot and maintained Exchange mail server issues company wide, improving productivity.
• Able to re-engineer infrastructure to fully comply with previously failing PCI compliance guidelines.
• Built various database driven websites with back-end user interfaces using Dreamweaver.
• Implemented standardized procedures and user account management best practices, improving security.
• Ticket tracking, network device inventory and license management using open source IRM software.
• Responded to and followed up with assigned trouble tickets, ensuring timely problem resolution for staff.
• Wrote technical documentation for various installation procedures and help desk reference materials.
• Custom Windows image deployments for workstations in department using Acronis True Image software.
• Application installations, email troubleshooting, network printer installations, Mac OS X support.
• Contributed to the planning, creation and adoption of in house custom ticket tracking software.
• Implemented billing and inventory techniques, leading to greater company organization and efficiency.
• Performed advanced data image processing and recovery techniques, preserving important information.
• Deployed and documented various server installations and network infrastructure design plans.
• Developed solid understanding of small and medium business support, achieving high network up times.
• Obtained extensive knowledge of desktop, laptop, printer and SMB network troubleshooting techniques.
• Various software installations, including operating system upgrades.
• Re-imaging and re-purposing old workstations using Bart PE software.
• General hardware replacements and installations (CPU, RAM, HDD, CDROM).