Talented and goal oriented IT professional with more than five years of technical experience in both support based and administrative roles. Expertise includes a strong Linux, Windows and networking background as well as a thorough and solid set of troubleshooting skills.
Windows: BitLocker, XP/7, Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2010, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Remote Desktop, Group Policy, Powershell, Lync 2010, HP Data Protector, Solarwinds Orion (SAM, NPM)
Linux: CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian, LAMP stack, Syslog, Apache, Bash, CLI, Vim, SSH, tmux, WordPress, BIND DNS, Proxmox
Hardware: Cisco ASA 5505, Catalyst 3750, ProCurve 8812, HP blade and rack mount servers (G5, G6, G7)
Programming: Java, C/C++ , PowerShell, basic SQL, HTML, CSS
- Worked with Systems Engineer to build and migrate ~900 users to new multi-site Exchange 2010 environment.
- Produced documentation for nearly all projects and systems worked on in current production environment.
- Spearheaded efforts to create a fully functional test environment to mimic production level scenarios.
- Creatively organized, administered and solved technical issues for over 150 ASA5505 site to site VPN devices.
- Closely involved in the deployment of the Lync 2010 environment, from implementation to production rollout.
- Leveraged Powershell to administer and script out repetitive tasks to save time as well as team effort.
- Implemented DR, Exchange, SQL backups, as well as improving efficiency and reliability for ~250 servers.
- Ran and tweaked network and system monitoring tools, alerting for issues and lowering false positives.
- Implement a custom spam filter gateway to reduce spam and emails, increasing company productivity.
- Able to achieve high uptime for mission critical systems in a medium sized Windows based domain.
- Involvement in the implementation, maintenance and periodic testing of BackupExec tape backups.
- Installation of network tools (Zenoss, Syslog, Mediawiki, WSUS), improving network efficiency and security.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of Exchange mail server issues company wide, improving productivity.
- Implement network wide security using Fortigate firewall and centrally managed Anti-Virus software.
- Able to re-engineer infrastructure to fully comply with previously failing PCI compliance guidelines.
- User configuration and management of ~100 users with Active Directory on Windows Server 2008 DC.
- Built various database driven websites with back-end user interfaces using Dreamweaver.
- Implemented standardized procedures and user account management best practices, improving security.
- Ticket tracking, network device inventory and license management using open source IRM software.
- Responded to and followed up with assigned trouble tickets, ensuring timely problem resolution for staff.
- Wrote technical documentation for various installation procedures and help desk reference materials.
- Custom Windows image deployments for workstations in department using Acronis True Image software.
- Application installations, email troubleshooting, network printer installations, Mac OS X support.
- Contributed to the planning, creation and adoption of in house custom ticket tracking software.
- Implemented billing and inventory techniques, leading to greater company organization and profitability.
- Performed advanced data image processing and recovery techniques, with very high success rates.
- Rolled out and documented various server installations and network infrastructure design plans.
- Developed solid understanding of small and medium business support, achieving high network uptimes.
- Obtained extensive knowledge of desktop, laptop, printer and SMB network troubleshooting techniques.
- Deployed and experimented with Drupal test sites using LAMP stack on Ubuntu systems.
- Various software installations, including operating system upgrades.
- Re-imaging and re-purposing old workstations using Bart PE software.
- General hardware replacements and installations (CPU, RAM, HDD, CDROM).